This Thanksgiving was a year of a lot of firsts. It was the first year we not spending the holiday with one of our families. It was the first year the kids didn't get to see one or more of their grandmas. It was the first year that I Cooked the entire meal by my self "sort of". I had a lot of over the phone great advice. With out it the meal would have been a complete disaster. Chubby and his fam were really the only family we had over for dinner, But the guys that work with Beau all came. They are all from out of town and were not able to be with their families this year. We were glad to have them all. It is funny how when you have no family around how quickly people feel that void. I felt so blessed when thanksgiving was over I wanted to write the ten things that I am most thankful for:1: My Babies!! They keep me up and going everyday. They keep me laughing and even though they exhaust me sometimes it is all worth it in the end!!
2: My husband!! He really is the best. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. We have spent 10 Thanksgivings together and I look forward to many more. He is the best father and provider anyone could ask for, I am so blessed!!
3:Our families!! We really have the best families around. It is so nice to know that anyone of them would be there in a drop of a hat if we needed anything at all. It is so hard being away from everyone but we will all be better off in the end, I really believe that!
4: Our friends!! We have been so lucky to have friends that Help us out, that listen to us any time day or night, that give the best advice. Even if it is not what you want to hear. That support you in everything you do. Those friends are so hard to find!!
5: I am thankful for where we are in our lives. We have three happy, healthy, beautiful girls. We have a great marriage, most of the time. We, even though we are a thousand miles away from all that is comfortable, are learning to count only on each other as a family and becoming much stronger.
6: Technology old and new. It helps us keep connected to all those we love.
7: Our cute little apartment. It may be small but we fit pretty good and it keeps us warm in the sub zero temperatures of North Dakota!!
8:Laughter. There is a lot of laughter that floats around our lives on a daily basis. It is so nice to live DRAMA free and be able to enjoy life in the moment you are living it!!
9:The skills that I learned from all the great laddies in my life!! From cooking to, being a good mom, to sewing(ok not so much) but like I said there is a first time for everything.
10: That winter is something that only lasts 3 months of the year. If it was any longer It might be unbearable!!!
1 comment:
Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment